What is Apricot Kernel Oil?
Last week I revealed that we will be adding a Limited Edition Night Creme that included Apricot Kernel Oil. I wanted to educate you on this oil and all its wonderful benefits.
Apricot kernel oil is taken from the kernels of Apricots. Apricot kernel oil is great for use as a massage oil as it is very light and makes the skin soft. Apricot kernels themselves are being researched for a number of health conditions including cancer. It’s very similar to almond oil, but I prefer to use an oil that people with nut-allergies can use. It is also better for sensitive and prematurely aging skin. It is high in Vitamin A, omega-9 (oleic acid) and omega-6 ( linoleic acid) and very high in Vitamin E.
Apricot Kernel Oil skin benefits
Apricot kernel oil possesses many therapeutic properties which make it a perfect ingredient to use in our new formula.
- Emollient – this means Apricot kernel oil is a wonderful moisturizer.
- Apricot kernel oil helps your skin retain elasticity, freshness and suppleness.
- Anti – Inflammatory –It can help calm the inflammation and irritation caused by eczema and dermatitis.
- Anti-Aging – It provides nutrition and support to the skin so that aging is reduced, and who doesn’t love that?
- Apricot kernel oil is used as a cough suppressant, anti-asthmatic medicine and for treating tumors in Traditional Chinese medicine.
- Antioxidant – helps prevents the skin from damage.
Apricot Kernel Oil is also super absorbent making our new formula free of any greasy oils.
This website is designed for educational purposes only and does not render medical advice or professional services. The information provided through this website should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have — or suspect you may have — a health problem, you should consult your health care provider.